Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sneaker Pimps: Miami


So, I just got back from the Sneaker Pimps event tonight in Miami. It was hands down one of the most amazing experiences in my life. Never have I been so neck deep in the culture that I love. Now, I'm not a big sneaker guy, becuase I don't have the money (or interest) to spend over $200 on a pair of shoes, but that's not the point. The point is that the hip hop culture is the best there is. Just the entire vibe of it; a room (a big room) filled with sneaker heads, hip hop heads, a few writers and the occasional "outsider". Now, I'm the type of person that doesn't really mind outsiders, but the ones at this event pissed me off. I was there, watching The Cool Kids perform, and in front of me, there where these three little kids. I don't mind little kids, I love 'em, but these where here for no reason, they where there, in front of me, not even really enjoying the music, and that really, really pissed me off for some reason..I'll stop ranting.

Back to the event, The Cool Kids where absolutely amazing. I've been waiting to see them for a while, and they didn't dissapoint. It's the perfect mix, Mikey is live as hell the entire time, and while that's going on, Chuck is just vibing.

Fastforward two hours later and I'm here in my room, listening to KiD CuDi's "Heaven at Nite" and I realized. I've never felt more at home than I did tonight. I realized, hip hop isn't a culture. It's not music. It's not art. It's way more than that, hip hop is everything. It's the most amazing thing that I've ever been in contact with, and I don't think I'll ever get over it.

It's meant for me, and I'm made to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment