Friday, July 25, 2008

David Sides Interview


Like I said, I've been working on some new stuff for The Morning Tilts, and here I have for you the first interview to hit The Moning Tilts. I was lucky enough to interview a well known pianist, who is also one half of the production duo The Progressions. You may remember a few days back when i posted his piano cover to Chris Brown's "Forever".

He has covered hits such as Jordin Sparks' "No Air". Not to mention the entire Kanye West album Graduation in a single medley.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to bring you The Morning Tilts interview with Mr. David Sides.

Well, first off, for all those unfortunate enough to not know who you are, could you describe who you are and what you do?

Sure. My name is David Sides and I am a pianist. I am known on the internet for recording myself playing piano covers of popular songs and posting them up on youtube. The music I play range from Hip Hop, to Rock, to R&B.


How did you feel the first time you heard "Mozart gone Hip-hop, Pop and R&B"?


Haha. It actually started as a joke amongst my friends. Some of my boys called me Mozart of Hip Hop from time to time. After hearing it so many times around them, I decided to run with it.


What are some of your musical inspirations?


I listen to a lot of music, a lot of different genres that I know most people probably won't really give a chance, but I guess I just have a high tolerance for new music. Some of my inspirations are Eric Whitacre, Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, Jay-Z, Kirk Franklin, Kanye West, Norah Jones, Coldplay, Taking Back Sunday... the list goes on.


What would you say is your favorite artist at the moment?


It often changes, but as for this very second, my favorite is Nas. I've had his song Hero on repeat for the past few days.


If some one was to pick up your iPod, what song would be on the top of your "Most Played"?

"Juicy" by Biggie. I love that track.


Are there any artist's that you would like to collaborate with?


Jay-Z, Kanye, Alicia Keys, Legend, Nas, Common, U2, Leona Lewis, Mariah Carey... to name a few.


Have you been approached by any record labels in regards to signing?


Yes I have been approached by a few.


Are you planning on releasing an album with any original compositions in the near future? And if so can you release any details at the moment?

Yes I actually will be releasing some original piano compositions in the near future. I've gotten into producing as of recently also and have put out some original work that way:

http://www.myspace.com/theprogressionsmusic

http://www.youtube.com/theprogressionstv


Once again thank you for the opportunity. Any last thoughts?


Thank you for allowing me the chance to answer a few questions. I just want to send out a shout out to my Oxnard, Riverside, and Minnesota family, as well as a special thanks to all my fans and supporters. Much Love.


Make sure to check out the link above to The Progressions music myspace. They have some pretty sick remix up, most of which are for download

2 comments:

  1. This is an awsome David Sides interview, I think the guy is great and should get more recognition and coverage by the press, thanks for posting this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6JD-PsjOzk

    ReplyDelete